
I've always been partial to winter. When we lived in Minnesota, I loved it when it snowed so we could go out & build snowmen and make snow angels and go sledding for hours on end. When our school sponsored ski trips, I was always one of the first to sign up. In Illinois, I still remember looking forward to winter. Lots of snow and cold and bundling up in sweaters. not so much on the outdoor activities but I still loved the season.
As I sit here watching the weather station and realize that our temperature is not forecast to be lower than 86 for the next week, I think very longingly of winter. I miss it...immensely!
I know people that live in states to the North get sick and tired toward the end of winter -- I guess it called the "winter blues" -- but I get that way during the summer. I hate the heat. I hate the humidity. I hate going outside in shorts & a tank top & sandals and being drenched with sweat. It's gross and it seems to last WAY too long. By this time of the summer, I am just dreading the next 6-8 weeks of high temps in the 80's and 90's and I find myself just wishing it was all over. Yes, summer has it's benefits - watermelon, cantaloupe, swimming, birthdays - but I would much rather have all of that without the heat and humidity...and bugs.
Oh winter, how I miss you so. Please come soon - and bring some snow with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment