Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feeeeelings....Nothing more than feeeelings

I've been having a lot of different "feelings" rush through me over the past week or so and I'm feeling (ha ha) compelled to share them with you.

First of all - I got my books for school (which starts tomorrow) and as I was thumbing through my Abnormal Psychology book, I realized that for the first time in MANY years, I am really, really, really excited for school to start! I'm again only taking 2 classes this semester and my Psychology class doesn't actually start until October but that doesn't lessen my excitement. I think I am still running off the high of making the Dean's List last spring and I'm looking forward to taking a crack at making it on there again this fall! We will see, ladies & gents...we will see!

Secondly - I'm feeling a bit pained. Something is going on with my right molars/jaw/ear and I'm not sure what or which particular spot is really the issue but all three are having some kind of issue. I thought that I had been just clenching & grinding a lot lately but this is way worse than anything I've ever experience before. It's gotten to the point where it hurts to close my mouth all the way (like when I chew) and it hurts to have my mouth open....basically, it just hurts lots & lots. I'm thinking I will need to go see a dentist...or a doctor...or both because like I said, I can't tell what the root of the problem is -- my teeth, my jaw or my ear.

Third point - I'm feeling somewhat intimidated by a sewing project I told Allen I would do. About a year ago, we bought material to make curtains for the kitchen window, sliding glass doors and the living room windows. I have been avoiding this project, well, for a year now. The two forays I have taken into making curtains REALLY haven't turned out the way I wanted them to so I am nervous about this undertaking too. I have gotten a lot of great advice from more experienced people on how to make curtains (mom, Meg, people I work with, etc.) but I'm still not feeling very comfortable with it. I told Allen I would finally start working on the curtains as soon as I finished the skirts I am making for Shannon's girls (which has been a whole other dilemma in and of itself - my first attempt at making clothes without using a pattern and, well, again, things aren't working out the way I want them too...but I think I've gotten the issues figured out OK and will be able to finish those skirts & get them to Shannon's kiddos...finally....But I digress so back to my point). I come from a family of people who sew and I feel like I should be able to whip stuff out with no problems and when it doesn't work out that way for me, I get really intimidated and uncomfortable and find that I would rather just give up and not try anymore.

Lastly - I would like to say that I know my family is busy with their lives/kids/jobs/hobbies/church/friends/etc. I know this. But sometimes, I can't help but feel "forgotten". Perhaps it's just the fact that I spend most of my time at home with Douglas or at work or at the library but aside from Allen, Douglas & my "work friends" (people I chat with at work but don't talk to outside of work), I don't have anyone out here. I think about my family & friends back home daily and I often wonder if they think of me as much as I think of them. Living hundreds of miles away from your nearest family member...or your best friends...is not a situation I would wish upon anyone. To put it bluntly, it sucks and I would give anything to change the situation so that we all weren't so far apart.

Anyhow, those are the thoughts & feelings. Hope you all are doing well in your lives - where ever you may be, know that you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bekka,
    I hope your day is great today. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete