Monday, August 3, 2009

The best word to describe me is...

E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D. Completely & totally. But this time, it's for a reason OTHER THAN Douglas not sleeping! Actually, I can't really complain about Douglas's sleeping habits anymore. He sleeps a solid 10 hours at night and usually takes a 2 hour nap during the day. It's been really nice to have a schedule like that. No, the reason I am pooped is that I worked late last night. We are resetting the entire home dec fabric section at the store and this is something that can't easily be done during business hours. There were four people scheduled to do the reset but one of the managers asked me to stay and cut samples of all the home dec fabrics. Anyhow, I ended up working an 11 hour shift yesterday and didn't get home until after midnight! Since the project wasn't completed last night, I am going back in for a few hours tonight too! The reason I am excited about this is that this means EXTRA hours. EXTRA hours = EXTRA money. Money that wasn't anticipated means that I get to SAVE some money. Money SAVED means that we have just that added little bit set aside for, let's say as an example, a trip home to IL over Christmas! OR a trip to Mexico for my cousins wedding! In any case, those possibilities make me VERY excited to work extra hours...no matter how late I get home or how little sleep I end up getting, the thought that perhaps we will be taking either (or BOTH) of those trips just makes me happy all the way down to my toes! I am still exhausted (even after a nap) but I know that this tiredness is just temporary!

No comments:

Post a Comment