So one of my goals for today is to figure out what to do with these old college textbooks I have. The problem I have is that because I live inVA and my school is in IL, I have been unable to sell my books back to my school during the "book buy back" week. And no, they don't buy the books back AFTER the buy back week...and if you happened to use the books for the spring semester, you can't sell them back to the school during the buy back week for the summer semester. To be honest with you, that seems a little silly to me. My frustration lies in this fact - I have several very gently used textbooks that are all still valid books (they haven't been replaced with more recent printings) BUT I don't know what to do with them. I think it would be a tragic waste of money and paper just to throw them in the trash can. So what do I do? Should I attempt to sell them on Craigslist? I suppose I could do that but craigslist advises against buying an item that you would pay for in advance or that would be shipped to you -- so how do I convince people that I am not going to jip them and keep myself from getting jipped too? eBay? Well, to be honest with you, eBay scares me. And I don't really want to auction the books off - I would like to get a set price for them...can you do that on eBay? Perhaps I should just place an ad in the News-Gazette, but I fear I would run into the same issue as I would with craigslist.....
Soooooo...as I said, I am in a quandry. What to do, what to do. Any suggestions? Anyone? Anyone?
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you can sell them for a set price on ebay - it's called "buy it now" or something, and there's no bidding on it. how it all works to set up, i don't know.
ReplyDeleteyou can post pictures on craig's list, so the people could see what they're getting before they buy...
Bek; Ship them back to Illinois to a friend or relative and have them take them to the College during buy back week. E-bay and paypal combined provide some security but regardless of pictures, you could still get a pig in a poke (or sell one).
ReplyDeleteDad E