It's been kind of rainy here for the past week or so. The days when it isn't raining, it's very hot and very humid. SO, we have been spending a lot of time indoors. Yesterday, Douglas kept bringing me his shoes and then running to the door - his indicator that he wants to go outside! So I obliged him. We went out and he ran around the yard while I did a little bit of gardening. Then he decided he wanted to be up on the porch. So he climbed up the stairs and started playing with the bicycle that we have sitting up there. I told him not to play with it and he wandered away but as soon as I turned my attention back to the plants, I hear this great crash followed immediately by a scream from Douglas. I look up and he's all hunkered down and the bike is tipped over on top of him. I pulled it off and checked him out. Sure enough, he banged up his ear pretty good. There's a big ol' bruise along the outer cartiledge and a nice scratch on the inside curve part. This picture doesn't capture all the pretty colors but you get the idea...

So I take him inside & clean his ear up. A few hours later, he's bringing me his shoes again and wants to go back outside. It's almost time for Allen to come home so I figure what could it hurt to spend some more time outside! Silly me! We weren't outside for more than 5 minutes when Douglas fell down on the concrete sidewalk and skinned both of his knees!!! He wasn't ready to come back inside, so I hosed him down (he REALLY liked that!). When Allen got home, we came back in the house and cleaned Douglas up (again) and Neosporined up his knees & his ear.

I just feel so bad for the poor kid! I was bathing him yesterday too and found this big scratch across the top of his head! It's pretty well hidden by his hair but it's also about an inch long so I was really surprised when I found it! It was already scabbed over so it had been there for a few days at least but I hadn't noticed it at all -- what a great mom I am!!
I know I should be ready for stuff like this being that Douglas IS a boy and he IS a kid and boy kids are generally very prone to ouchies, but still...seeing this big scrapes & bruises on my little baby makes me get butterflies in my tummy -- the bad kind that make me feel like I am going to throw up!!! Yeeeeeech.
No comments:
Post a Comment