Friday, April 10, 2009

HINT, HINT!!

Since this is my first time around the "mom block", I can easily say that I miss hints and clues that are given to me. Sometimes I feel so thickheaded that it would take a baseball bat to the skull to get my attention. The other day, Douglas was whining at me. I figured he was hungry because it had been a little bit since he ate anything. So I offered him crackers, fruit snacks, some bread, a bagel, yogurt, pretty much everything I could think of. Finally, he just grabbed hold of my legs, looked up at me and said, "Wan Mama" (which means, WANT MAMA). I felt so stupid that of all the things I was offering to him, the one thing he wanted, well, was me. There are other things he does, some more obvious than others, to get my attention. These pics are an example -- I take this to mean, "Mom, you don't take me on enough walks." It amazes me just how much our kids can tell us without actually saying a thing.

1 comment:

  1. You sound a little like me. Motherhood did not come all wrapped up in a nice gift-box with operating instructions. Figuring it out as you go along is tough. And then just when you get used to them, they grow a little older and change or do something different. I'm STILL trying to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete