I realize that it's been MONTHS since I put up a post & so much has happened since my last post that I could probably write a 300 page book just to update. However, I will try to give just a few highlights....
* November: Douglas turned 3! HOLY COW!! How in the world has 3 years passed since he was born? It doesn't seem possible! He's a ball of energy & has turned into a true, TRUE 3 year old. Thanksgiving was delish as usual -- we went to my friend Robyn's house & enjoyed the day with a few other families. It was kinda nice not having to make the whole meal by myself but even more enjoyable to have a day that was spent surrounded by lots of people!
(photo courtesy of ME)
* December: I spent just about every day sewing gifts for our families back in IL & MN. Christmas came & went without much ado. We spent the holiday here in VA, just the three of us. Douglas made out like a bandit & has been spending plenty of time playing with all his new toys. After Christmas, I took about a month-long hiatus from sewing...I never thought that I could get tired from sewing, but doing it all day, every day, well....yeah, I got kinda tired! (Unfortunately, we took video of the presents & stuff so I have no pictures!!!)
* January: I didn't make any resolutions this year for the simple fact that I never keep them, so I opted out of the "tradition". My cousin, JW, passed away at the beginning of the month from a pulmonary embolism...he was 37. It's pretty sad to know that he's gone & that his family is having to try to move on without him. Mom & Peter celebrated their 17th anniversary. So hard to believe they've been together for nearly 20 years now....and at the end of the month, my dad (Peter) turned 60!!
* February: I've started sewing again. Lots of people (friends AND family) will be having babies in the next few months so I've been pumping out baby gifts left & right. I like to be prepared.... But the big news of the month & this is something I will probably post more about at a later date, but I've been diagnosed as having epilepsy. I am taking medication for it and it would seem this med causes hair growth because - as my title suggests - I have a 'stache that rivals a 13 year old boy!!! I'm (for the most part) fine with this diagnosis because as my sister Shannon said to me, nothing has really changed. I'm still the same person I have been. I just now know that the "episodes" I've been having for 13 years have a name -- epilepsy.
Well, that's the update in a nutshell. I hope you all have a fantastic Valentine's day!

(image courtesy of www.glitter-graphics.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment