Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Little Miss Susie Homemaker

So I've taken a brief respite from sewing for the past week or so. Those pillowcases really wiped me out! In it's stead, I've actually been baking. I've never been a BIG baker...don't get me wrong, I can make cookies & brownies & cakes & things...as long as it comes from a box or something but lately I've had the urge to make things "from scratch". So today, I conquered two firsts for me.

1). I made waffles. I realized today that I have never actually MADE waffles of my own. I've assisted others & have eaten THOUSANDS of waffles in my life, but I never actually made them on my own. I can't exactly say that they were from scratch since I used a Bisquick mix but dang -- those were some light & fluffy & tasty waffles! Douglas even liked them! :-)

2). I made pizza. Not DiGiorno. Not frozen. NOT take-&-bake. A pizza from the bottom up. The dough, the sauce, the toppings....well, I purchased the toppings & cheese - I didn't actually make those...and the sauce was really just spaghetti sauce mixed with tomato paste...but the whole combination of things was delish. The pizza consisted of 2 cheese slices for Douglas & the rest was covered with Turkey Pepperoni, red & green bell peppers, black olives & mushrooms....yummo...

Of course, I realized after it was all said & done that I failed to photograph anything today so I have no pictures to share. Tomorrow, I have a plan to make some banana bread & some "sunbutter" cookies...I'll definitely snap a few photos & put them up here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, B! You jumped into baking with both feet! I'm impressed! :))

    ReplyDelete