When I was pregnant, people often reminded me that when a craving struck it was most likely because my body was craving a certain nutrient. I craved hashbrowns. Not just any hashbrowns - McDonald's hashbrowns. Not the healthiest thing in the world AT ALL, but every day I just HAD to have hashbrowns! I think it was the sodium in them that I wanted, but the more important thing is that now (4 years later) I have been having something similar happen....only in reverse. Before I was craving something, now I am revolted by something...oh, and before we get too far, NO I am NOT pregnant!
For the past several weeks, I have noticed that I have really NOT been enjoying meat. It started with chicken. I'd been making several meals each week with chicken and I think I just got burned out on it. But lately it's been all meats. Red meat, white meat, processed meats, lunch meats....ugh, they are ALL just turning my stomach. Even just the thought of them makes my lip curl & stomach groan.
It has gotten to the point where I have actually been considering cutting (most) meat out of my diet. I say "most" simply because things like dairy, eggs & some fish (tuna specifically) don't make me feel like I want to gag. And here's the other interesting part. I spent a few days last week where I didn't eat any meat -- ate nuts, fruits, veggies, cheese, peanut butter & most everything else I normally eat but just cut out the meat. I felt GREAT. My mood was lifted. I was calmer & happier too. Then I ate meat for a couple days & just felt heavy & weighed down.
So my thoughts for the past few days have been something along these lines: I think my body is trying to give me some hints on how to feel better and the first step is to stop eating meat! I've been craving being a healthier & thinner person but right now, I feel that my focus should be more on eating meals that don't center around MEAT.
So if you have any great, meatless recipes that are still healthy & tasty, please share!!!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment