Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Brief Overview

Just to give you all a quick overview of the follow-up appointment with my neurologist:

*  He still says I shouldn't drive until I am seizure free for a full 6 months.  I'm 2 months seizure free so at this rate, I should be driving again at the end of July.

*  We discussed many options to suppress seizures, but finally came to the decision that I will stay on the medication I've been taking, but at a reduced dosage.

*  He expressed concern over my psychological well-being & put me on a very mild anti-depressant & recommended that I see a Mental Health Professional so that I have someone I can talk to about the situation I find myself in.

*  All my tests came back normal which indicates that I do NOT have a seizure or scarring or anything adverse in my brain that caused the grand mal seizure.  We are kind of operating under the thought that it was something "environmental" (food, allergy, supplements, etc.) that may have caused it.

That's the gist!

No comments:

Post a Comment