Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why is it...

I would like to know why it is that kids can spend an entire 24 hours with a fever of at least 100 degrees. During that 24 hours, they are completely lethargic wanting to do nothing more than curl up on their mom's lap. They eat nothing, they drink very little, they play with no toys and have no energy to do anything. At the end of that 24 hour period, just like magic, they are back to their usual selves. Energetic, curious about everything and wanting NOTHING to do with their mom. It amazes me and yet, I would LOVE an answer to the question - what could cause a "24 hour" illness? I remember having the 24 hour flu when I was a kid. For a day, it just wiped me out and the next day, I was fine. It's screwy if you ask me because as a parent, you feel so helpless. You can't do anything to fix your baby and the doctor's don't want you to bring your kid to see them unless they've had said fever for a few days. I suppose I could blame this on teething (since Douglas is getting in his 2 year molars on top) but that doesn't seem completely right. It takes the teeth more than 24 hours to come in, so why would he be sick for just 24 hours? Screwy, if you ask me....

No comments:

Post a Comment