I know a lot of you who read this blog don't participate in Halloween and for many years, I didn't either. However, in the past several years, I have participated - handing out candy to the kids in their awesome lil costumes just brings a smile to my face! So, for the past two years, I have been making costumes for Douglas. Last year, he was a pumpkin...and he HATED it. All he wanted to do was get out of that stupid thing! This year, I decided to make a costume that might fit his interests a little bit better. He's always getting into my pots & pans, silverware, dishwasher, microwave, etc. so I figured, what better way to help him grasp hold of his kitchen addiction than to dress him as a chef!! The costume was pretty easy to make - time consuming, but easy. Thank GOD that Meg was here to help keep Douglas away from my sewing machines otherwise the costume would never have gotten done! The costume consists of pants, a chef "jacket", and a chef hat. I kind of figured that the hat might be a waste of time (because Douglas NEVER wears hats) but I made it anyhow. We put him in the costume and headed up to the community harvest fest last night and much to my surprise, he kept the hat on the entire time! We are going trick or treating tonight in a neighboring town so we will see just how long the hat stays on then. Hope you enjoy the pictures (sorry about the blurry ones -- we couldn't get him to hold still)!



Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a great idea for a costume!!!! i'm glad you all had fun. we're big halloween fans at our house and love seeing kids dressed up. i'll have to remember the chef idea for next year. lily would really go for that.
ReplyDeletewe don't do halloween, but i must say that costume was cute! :)
ReplyDelete